Spam comments will not be approved for posting. You will not be able to register for the site in order to comment if you do not properly fill out the registration form. If we feel that your comment is hateful, abusive or is intended to incite an argument it will not be approved for display. Please try to keep your posts positive! Constructive criticisms or corrections are always welcome, but if you can’t go about things in a nice way then your comments will not be approved. If you have repeated bad behavior you will have your registration removed and you will not be able to comment again.
We love sharing! We are not content Nazis, but please ask our permission before redistributing our content on other blogs and websites or at the very least give us credit and a link back. We have had professional sites copy our tutorials before by simply rewording a few things and taking new photos, this wasn’t very nice as it was one of our most popular posts that was on our original blog for years. Give credit where credit is do as we have always done. Of course sharing items from our blog via social media sites like Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. is always encouraged. We cross post on many of our social media accounts and provide inline social sharing links on our posts for your convenience! Again, attribution is requested in these instances. Please do not remove watermarks from our images or alter the images. All materials used on this blog are our property unless otherwise stated.
As stated above, we always try to give credit to the original sources of items used on our blog. If we have failed to credit someone or you feel the wrong person has received credit, please contact us at Lotta@shamelessnerd.com and let us know! We will correct the issue ASAP!
Use this site and the information on it at your own risk. This site is intended for educational, entertainment and inspirational purposes only. We endeavor to supply accurate information and sources. If you come across any inaccuracies in our posts/pages, please feel free to comment on that post, contact us via the contact page or email us at Lotta@shamelessnerd.com with your concerns.
We are not licensed professional anythings! We are not decorators, fabricators, carpenters, tailors, designers, etc., so our advice is based on our own personal opinions and experiences. You are not required to follow that advice and we aren’t responsible for damage or injury caused as a result if you do. If we post that we think the red kitchen cabinets at Ikea are awesome and you go paint your cabinets red and then hate it, that’s not our fault. We do a lot of projects here on this blog, you are completely responsible for making sure that you take any and all safety precautions available to you while making items and following our tutorials. ALWAYS be careful with hot or sharp items, hand or power tools and toxic or noxious substances. We are not responsible if you hurt yourself while executing one of our tutorials.
We have been doing handicrafts for decades, our results will most likely vary from what your finished project will look like. With hand made items, every one is different. I don’t even make two items identically the same.. I am not responsible for projects that don’t turn out the way you expected. I try my best to make detailed and easy to follow tutorials, but I cannot guarantee your end results.
Recommendations & Reviews
Sometimes we review or recommend businesses or events. We give a true and honest accounting of such things based on our own experience. I cannot guarantee that you will like the same entree’ that I purchased or that a dress will fit you the same way that it fit me. I can’t guarantee that you will have a good time or a great experience at the same show I went to see, and so on. As stated before, I write my own opinions. I’m not responsible if you choose to patronize a business, event or organization and it doesn’t live up to your expectations.
From time to time we might review products for a sponsor, host a giveaway for a sponsor or make a sponsored post on the blog. I will never write about something that I feel is spammy or shady and I will never lie to you about a product just because a company wanted me to review it. I’m not going to fill my blog with irrelevant posts about products no one wants to hear about. For example, I would never make a sponsored post about self tanner and weight loss pills, because those have nothing to do with what this blog is about. I might review a new board game or write about a nerdy jewelry line, because those items do fit into the subject matter covered by this website. While I would like to generate enough funds from doing something I love to cover the costs of keeping this site running, I’m not going to sacrifice the integrity of my work just to do so.
Occasionally we will hold a “Garage” sale on the blog. We end up with a lot of finished projects, leftover supplies, props, and misc. items that we just don’t have room for around here. Blog sales are a good way to quickly clear out items that might be of interest to our readers. When we hold a sale we only accept payment via PayPal. These sales consists of a blog post featuring photos of items for sale accompanied by descriptions and prices (including U.S. Shipping). All items are accurately described to the best of our abilities. Our home is free of drugs, smoke, mold and insect pests. We do have pets and live in a pollen heavy area of the country, so please keep that in mind when purchasing from us.
If you are interested in purchasing an item shown, email us at Lotta@shamelessnerd.com letting us know which item you are interested in, your name and your PayPal email address. We will send you a PayPal invoice for the full cost of the item as listed. Once we have received your payment confirmation, the item will be updated to reflect that it has been sold. Your item will then be carefully packaged and mailed to you at the address provided by your PayPal payment. We frequently sell things via both Ebay & Etsy and have excellent feedback and reputation scores.
These are the rules that we enforce for all of our blog contests and giveaways.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who sign up at the online Contest blog post page and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of The United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Shameless Nerd (or the “Sponsor” if applicable) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Shameless Nerd, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about [start date] and ending [end date]. All online entries must be received by [end date] 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting a comment with a valid email address on the contest blog post on this site. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Shameless Nerd. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Shameless Nerd.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive [list prizes and approximate retail value]. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the owner of Shameless Nerd. No cash or other prize substitution permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Shameless Nerd to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor (if contest is sponsored by an outside entity). Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Contest with within one (1) day following the winner selection. Shameless Nerd shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Shameless Nerd, anyone acting on behalf of Shameless Nerd, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Shameless Nerd reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Shameless Nerd may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Shameless Nerd. Shameless Nerd reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Shameless Nerd has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Shameless Nerd reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Shameless Nerd. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Shameless Nerd and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.